Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to the Art Origination Blog



I hope you find the content of interest and please, feel free to add your own comments.



Thursday 25 November 2010

Art Photography, Giclee Printing & Prices

The prices for Fine Art Photography and Giclee printing can vary dramatically, and it is sometimes difficult to know which supplier to choose. If you are having your Art photographed, then a supplier within easy driving distance is important, but if you already have your own images then you have a large choice of online suppliers.

As far as the photography of your art is concerned, look for a Professional Photographer with experience of working with and handling Fine Art. Many suppliers out there have no background experience of copying art and many do not even use photography. They will offer to 'Scan' your artwork on a flatbed scanner, which I am sure you are familiar with. Scanning can be satisfactory depending on the type and size of artwork. It is not really suitable for Oils if you want to eliminate all surface reflections. Many suppliers use A3 scanners a few A2. If your art is larger than the scanner your image will be 'stitched'. It will be scanned in sections, sometimes as many as four depending on the size of the original. It will then be digitally joined together or 'stitched' to form a full size image. Certainly not the best approach if you want the very best reproduction of your art and physically impossible on large or framed paintings.

You will find that suppliers that scan your art may also offer the option of photography if you request it, but the price will be considerably more than scanning as you need an experienced photographer and in most cases they use an outside provider.

I photograph art to a very high standard and charge less than some suppliers charge for scanning. One reason is that I work from a 'home' studio. My overheads are considerably less, so I can pass the savings on to my customers. I offer a personal 'bespoke' service to my artists, you will be discussing your art and your requirements with the person who will be doing the work, not a face on reception.

Giclee print prices and quality vary from different suppliers. I believe my prices for Giclee printing are some of the lowest out there. But low prices are not attractive if this means low quality. Apart from the basic requirements of high end printer, archival papers and inks, the end result will depend on the skills of the person producing the print. The final print quality of an image is determined well before it even reaches the printer. The digital image needs to be balanced, corrected and matched to the original to achieve the finest reproduction. Unfortunately this is where some suppliers are lacking. To truly understand a digital image and what needs to be done to produce a superb Giclee print needs an operator with a background of dealing with images for print. Again a good professional photographer has all these talents.

http://www.artorigination.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a great article here, But let me share with you all here about my experience with a loan lender called Pedro Loans who helped me expand my business with his loan company that offered me a loan amount of 600,000.00 USD which I used to upgrade my business months ago. He was really awesome working with him because he a Gentle man with a good heart, a man who can listen to your heart beat and tell you that everything will be OK, when I contacted Mr Pedro it was on my Facebook page that his advert came up then I visited his office to discuss about the loan offer that he and his company render, He makes me understand how all process go then I decided to give a try to it was successful just like he promised, yeah I believe him, I trust him, I rely on him as well about all my project he will be my dear financial officer and I'm glad my business is probably going well and I'm going makes my business growth like grass with his help.he work's with a great investors and guess what? They also give international loans. Is that not awesome to hear when you know a lot of business project are growing up each day by day in your heart hoping that you going to make income of that job to raise money for the project, Ops, then Mr Pedro will help you with that, Yes international loan he will help you with that perfectly because I trust him very much for that kind of job, Look don't be shy or shaded give a possible try to Mr Pedro here his contact : pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete